The Colosseum - the most visited place in Rome. Possibly the most visited building in the world, a bold statement but we are talking about a building that has been visited regularly for 2000 years. There is not any reliable record of figures through the centuries and certainly no record of it ever being closed for a lengthy period. Why do people flock to it? It is the birthplace of communal entertainment. It is exciting, mesmerizing. It still sends shivers down your spine when you actually realise what happened where you will be standing. It will at one moment amaze you and the next moment you are horrified by its history. Most importantly, it is one piece of iconic world history that you can actually still touch. It is history we all know. You will leave being richer in knowledge, wiser, and have an incredible story to retell, thus continuing the legend of this most celebrated of all stadia.
Using our V.I.P. pass we will skip all lines and enter the amphitheatre directly from the Gladiators’ Gate, where you will gain direct access to the arena floor. This is the Colosseum, the most iconic building of ancient Rome. The people’s palace of sport and pain. Leaving there, you will continue on to visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, with its stupendous views over the city.
You will join a group of max 24 persons at our office very close to the Colosseum. Your guide will bring everything to life for you with stories and anecdotes. So much of life revolved around this area of Rome. In many ways life and death were decided. Be prepared to be shocked! From the Arena floor, we will go onto the tier above to get a better view into the amphitheatre and also a look at how the seating was arranged - being fabulously rich mattered! Leaving there, we will go to the Palatine Hill where Emperors let the rich built their homes. A fantastic view over to the nearby Circus Maximus and Forum is afforded from there.
Then on to The Forum. The ancient ruins, though in many parts not to recognisable, will again be brought to life. Your guide will help when needed with visual aids. The forum was the political centre of Rome. The area was the home of the Senate House, also Courts and Temples all sat side by side. In this area you will walk where Emperors walked. The stone cobbled roads are exactly as they were. You will see where the Vestal Virgins resided and have their lives and purpose explained. A fascinating area. An eye opening experience that will bring to life more than 2 millennia of history. This tour is 3 hours of pure enjoyment
- Please bring ID documents for everyone in your party, such as a passport or driving licence. Due to security reasons, you may be required to present ID when entering the Colosseum and may be refused entry if do not have your documents to hand.
- The time may be changed according to tickets availability. If necessary we will contact you with confirmation.
- When accessing the monument the Colosseum visitors will be asked to pass security checks, even when entering with pre-booked tickets or vouchers. Please make sure you DO NOT have pointed large umbrellas and knives of any sizes with you. Liquids are allowed but only if in plastic bottles. Remember that you can refill your containers in the fountains inside the Colosseum. Back packs are allowed inside the Colosseum if very small in size; shoulder bags or handbags are permitted if regular size.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.